Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marco Graziotti 40 posts 166 karma points c-trib
    Apr 19, 2021 @ 10:29
    Marco Graziotti

How to hide a property from the BO, that comes from a Document Type used in multiple pages

Hi,

I have a Document Type (MyPage) that is used to represent two different graphic parts in the frontend, but the "Text" property is used in the "First Page", and it's unused in the "Second Page".

So, to avoid confusion for the final user that will use the backoffice, and also to apply the reusability of a Document Type, I'm trying to understand if it's possible to hide a property in the BO only for a single page, where this property it's not needed.

So, the question is... Is there a way to hide in the backoffice the unused property "text" only for the "Second Page"?

Here an image that better explain what I'm trying to do: enter image description here

Thank you

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2021 @ 09:23
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Marco

Maybe it makes sense to use another doctype and do not add this property to the second page?

Thanks,

Alex

Apr 20, 2021 @ 14:55
    Marco Graziotti

Hi Alex,

the idea is to reuse the same Document Type to avoid the creation of another Document Type, to achieve the code reuse.

The only difference between the two views it's about the "text" property. So, is there a way to hide in the backoffice the unused property "text" only for the "Second Page"?

Thank you

• Huw Reddick 1757 posts 6123 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 20, 2021 @ 15:38
    Huw Reddick

Hi Marco,

unfortunately not, In one of our sites I have used the conditional display package to show/hide certain content although it doesn't work in the way you require exactly, so you would probably be better off using a second doctype for page 'Second Page' as Alex suggested

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2021 @ 15:52
    Alex Skrypnyk

You can do it with some custom js or css code. But it sounds like not a great way to do it.

Apr 20, 2021 @ 16:10
    Marco Graziotti

Thank you for your answer guys. I will create a new DT :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft