Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Apr 19, 2021 @ 16:03
    MuirisOG

Security Certificates on Multi-Domain sites

I have multiple domains in one instance of Umbraco v7.15.3 and need to add security certificates for each site.

At the moment, the sites that have a security certificate all use the same one, because they all have the same subdomain (and we have a wildcard certificate).

Has anyone come across any issues with adding additional certificates for the other sites, which are all different?

Thanks

Muiris

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Apr 19, 2021 @ 18:37
    Amir Khan

We have lots of sites with many domains, you probably want to look into a SAN so you can add multiple domains to the same cert. I'm not aware of a way to add multiple certs to a site in IIS. You can use LetsEncrypt for free and add up to 100 domains to a SAN: https://support.dnsimple.com/articles/letsencrypt/#:~:text=A%20single%20Let's%20Encrypt%20certificate,%2C%20wildcard%20names%2C%20or%20both.

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Apr 20, 2021 @ 09:45
    MuirisOG

In IIS, you create the site pointing to your umbraco folder as standard.

Then under Bindings, you can add each domain for each of the sites that your instance of umbraco hosts, and so, under "Site Bindings" each can be edited and given an individual SSL certificate.

My question is whether they can be given different security certificates, because I think older versions of IIS would override the existing cert with the latest one entered.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft