Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rosen Petrov 8 posts 28 karma points
    Apr 22, 2021 @ 09:26
    Rosen Petrov

Multi Language on Media Type Image

Hello,

I have a multi language website. The client needs to add some Media metadata used in captions over the images. This needs to be defined once and reused in different places on the website. That's why I decided to extend the Media Type Image and add some text fields to it, so when the editor creates the image also adds this data. My problem is that this data needs to be language specific and I don't see anyway to enable Vary By Culture on Media Type Image. I assume it's not supported (yet)?

But if so, could you give me some ideas on how to accomplish that without having to complicate the editorial process adding some other Document type which will contain an image field and the other text data which can vary by culture in that scenario. I was thinking maybe to connect the Media Type Image somehow with Dictionary values under Translation tab but it should be also editorial friendly :)

• Rosen Petrov 8 posts 28 karma points
    Apr 22, 2021 @ 09:33
    Rosen Petrov

Actually I just found that and I think I'll use it as workaround for now: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/4771#issuecomment-533444858 Still, if there are better suggestions, please reply. #H5YR

• Mikael Axel Kleinwort 140 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    Apr 30, 2023 @ 10:13
    Mikael Axel Kleinwort

I would love to see this as a regular Umbraco feature. Any multi lingual website will need this one way or another.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft