Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Driscoll 10 posts 81 karma points
    Apr 27, 2021 @ 15:43
    Mike Driscoll

Searching the UmbracoFormsRecordIndex

I'm trying to search the examine index that was included with Umbraco Forms. I can see that the index is healthy and working when I try it from the backend, but it will not return results from my custom search result page on the front end.

This works for returning external pages:

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(searchTerm) && ExamineManager.Instance.TryGetIndex("ExternalIndex", out IIndex index))
        {
            var searcher = index.GetSearcher();

var criteria = searcher.CreateQuery("content", BooleanOperation.And)
            .GroupedOr(new List<string> { "combinedField" }, searchTerm);

var searchList = criteria.Execute();
            var result = searchList.ToPublishedSearchResults(UmbracoContext.PublishedSnapshot.Content);

But if I simply replace the IndexName, IndexType and Field with the Umbraco Form Index values, nothing will return:

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(searchTerm) && ExamineManager.Instance.TryGetIndex("UmbracoFormsRecordsIndex", out IIndex index))
        {

var criteria = searcher.CreateQuery("UmbracoForms", BooleanOperation.And)
            .GroupedOr(new List<string> { "RecordFields" }, searchTerm);

var result = searchList.ToPublishedSearchResults(UmbracoContext.PublishedSnapshot.Content);

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks! md

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Apr 29, 2021 @ 04:36
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Try like this

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(searchTerm) && ExamineManager.Instance.TryGetIndex("ExternalIndex", out var index))
    {

var criteria = searcher.CreateQuery("content", BooleanOperation.And)
    .GroupedOr(new List<string> { "combinedField" }, searchTerm.ToLower().MultipleCharacterWildcard())
    .And()
    .Field("searchablePath", Model.HomeNode.Id.ToString())
    .Not()
    .Field("umbracoNaviHide", "1");

}

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft