Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lori ryan 239 posts 573 karma points
    May 04, 2021 @ 18:03
    lori ryan

umbraco forms - date picker

whats the correct way to set the date format? or is there a way to stop people from entering text?

when I enter 19/3/1970 and the following is displayed: January 1, 1753

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    May 04, 2021 @ 20:50
    iNETZO

Hi Lori,

We've added an readonly="readonly" attribute to ~/Views/Partials/Forms/Themes/default/Fieldtypes/FieldType.DatePicker.cshtml to stop let users enter text.

<input type="text" name="@Model.Name" id="@(Model.Id)_1" data-umb="@(Model.Id)_1" class="datepickerfield" readonly="readonly" autocomplete="off" value="@val" @{if (Model.Mandatory) { <text> data-val="true" data-val-required="@Model.RequiredErrorMessage" </text> }} />

If you have created an theme yourself you can add this modification to your own theme to make it update-proof for upcomming Forms updates.

The date format that is applied depends on the culture settings of your site.

Best regards,

iNETZO

May 05, 2021 @ 10:49
    lori ryan

Hi iNETZO

I've added that in - is there any code around say if I wanted a different date picker maybe the bootstrap date picker?

https://codepen.io/Yuping/pen/xqrjE

• AnandBhopale 54 posts 172 karma points
    May 05, 2021 @ 11:34
    AnandBhopale

Hi Lori,

Where you are planning to add date picker control ? if it is umbraco form, then form has different date picker control and it uses Pikaday JS library.

May 05, 2021 @ 12:41
    lori ryan

Yes going to try adding my own field type - client doesn't like the functionality of the otb datepicker. Says the year dropdown isnt obvious.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/umbracoforms/developer/extending/adding-a-fieldtype

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    May 05, 2021 @ 13:19
    iNETZO

Instead of adding your own fieldtype, which is an good option if you want additional settings, you could also change the FieldTypeViewName property to your own view.

public class DatePicker : Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.FieldTypes.DatePicker
    {
        public DatePicker()
        {
            this.FieldTypeViewName = "FieldType.BootStrapDatePicker.cshtml";
        }
    }

May 06, 2021 @ 13:17
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft