Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tghoff 1 post 21 karma points
    May 05, 2021 @ 02:37
    tghoff

Umbraco based app loaded through iFrame in Wordpress

I have a client who wants to revamp a site that's built in Umbraco and port it into Wordpress as he'll be the one now updating the content more frequently and feels more comfortable in wordpress. The caveat is that a section of the Umbraco site plugs into a delivery app that is built entirely on the framework.

I initially told him that we could keep that portion of the site on a subdomain, and it wouldn't conflict with the Wordpress site, but he wants a seamless look and feel across both.

I know I'm giving limited information, but my only solution would be to load that portion of the Umbraco site through an iframe into a Wordpress template. Having almost no background in Umbraco, do you forsee any problems going this route, or should I pass this project off to an Umbraco developer who could create a wordpress like backend without creating a Frankenstein mix and match of CMS'?

I feel like I've answered my own question, but if anyone takes on freelance projects and wants a little more information please feel free to answer.

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    May 07, 2021 @ 10:00
    Huw Reddick

Hi tghoff,

I have never tried this using Umbraco, but I have loaded .Net MC apps into an iframe in wordpress which worked fine, just make sure you have a nice clean template for the umbraco page

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft