Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 623 posts 997 karma points
    May 06, 2021 @ 06:42
    Dan Evans

Intermittant boot failed error

I've noticed that occasionally when the server reboots one site fails to come back up, with this error:

Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: A connection string is configured but Umbraco could not connect to the database.

I'm assuming that this is because SQL has not fully started when Umbraco attempts to connect.

The problem is that the site stays down until the app pool is recycled then its fine.

Should the site not attempt to boot again on the next request rather than staying down?

• Remko 104 posts 257 karma points
    3 days ago
    Remko

Hi Dan,

Did you manage to solve this issue? We are still struggeling with this and would really like to end this annoying boot failed pages we get in the morning after nightly maintenance.

• Dan Evans 623 posts 997 karma points
    3 days ago
    Dan Evans

No proper resolution - it still occurs randomly. I resolved it by scheduling an app restart shortly after any scheduled server reboot which kicks the site back into life.

• Remko 104 posts 257 karma points
    3 days ago
    Remko

Alright.. We were also planning this kind of solution, but I'm actually not really happy with this work-around. Doesn't anyone know how to solve this properly?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft