Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lori ryan 239 posts 573 karma points
    May 06, 2021 @ 15:03
    lori ryan

Umbraco forms - send email razor template

Is there any logs for the emails being sent?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 06, 2021 @ 19:58
    Marc Goodson

Hi Lori

From what I remember, Umbraco Forms will 'log' errors in the SendRazorEmail workflow step, and you should be able to view any errors in the log viewer in the settings section. They will be logged to the 'Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendRazorEmail' type or perhaps even 'Umbraco.Forms.Core.Persistence.Dtos.Record' type

But if you aren't seeing errors in the logs, then it means the workflow step has sent all the information for sending the mail to the configured SMTP server, there isn't any logging for 'success', only when 'errors' occurred.

Now depending on your configured SMTP server, eg if you are using a third party SMTP server such as SendGrid or Mandrill to do your email sending, you can usually login to these services via a web based control panel and see a log of all the emails that have been sent through the services.

There is some useful info here in the documentation on Umbraco Cloud fo r how to set the SMTP settings etc, or find them to find out how your site is configured to send mail.

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Set-Up/SMTP-settings/

regards

marc

• lori ryan 239 posts 573 karma points
    May 07, 2021 @ 20:33
    lori ryan

Hi marc thank you so much for coming back to me. Just having a lot of configuring issues with umbraco forms and client not getting emails. Is there any way to set Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) heading for emails?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 08, 2021 @ 06:52
    Marc Goodson

Hi Lori

(usually mail sending problems involve the email address the mail is sending from, and the SMTP server not being allowed to send or relay from that address)

Depending on how you have things setup, then that 'from' address can be set on the SMTP configuration in the web.config, if it's not set there, then forms will read from the umbracoSettings file's the 'notifications' section's email setting or it can be set on the workflow step itself.

With regard to SCA on emails, I don't know! - I thought that was for handling secure card payments? Anyway if there is a way to use it for sending an email, you could plug it into your Umbraco Forms workflow by creating a custom 'Workflow Step':

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/umbracoforms/developer/extending/adding-a-workflowtype

And here you could do anything you liked after a form has been submitted!

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft