Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kiko Mats 13 posts 103 karma points
    May 12, 2021 @ 15:27
    Kiko Mats

How do you make Umbraco Package that installs via Nuget and also creates/updates doctypes, datatype and content

Hello,

I just like to inquire how to accomplish this via Umbraco 8. Basically I need to install via nuget package and that install process must also create/update doctypes, datatypes, and content.

Thanks in advance,

Francis

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 14, 2021 @ 20:32
    Paul Seal

Hi One way to achieve this is for the NuGet package to install the files and a dashboard and on that dashboard you have a button which create the doc types, data types content and media.

Vendr Checkout uses this approach.

Paul

May 14, 2021 @ 20:57
    Kiko Mats

Oh wow Mr. Paul Seal! First off, I learned from your Youtube videos so thank you a lot.

Thank you for this suggestion. I'll definitely check "Vendr Checkout".

Yeah on one of the threads I think it was suggested to checkout this "Articulate" package too and from what they say, it is installed the same way (Nuget + Dashboard). So yesterday I started looking at how to create document types programmatically using ContentType services. Baby steps. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole process. Perhaps there's a video about it somewhere.

Our ultimate goal is: 1.) To be able to install our custom plugins via Nuget package (including the setup of required document/data/ content types) 2.) To be able to update these packages (add properties perhaps) in the future without the need to uninstall the package (and potentially mess up the existing contents).

I appreciate your time.

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 14, 2021 @ 21:09
    Paul Seal

Hi Francis I’m glad you found the tutorial videos useful.

Yeah baby steps are the way. Here’s a link to a file in the articulate package that you can learn a lot from.

https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/blob/develop/src/Articulate/Packaging/ArticulateDataInstaller.cs

Paul

May 14, 2021 @ 21:27
    Kiko Mats

Cool. I will check it out. Thank you Paul. Much appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft