Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• George Phillipson 108 posts 287 karma points
    May 13, 2021 @ 21:48
    George Phillipson

Hi All

As GetCropUrl does not allow retrieving the culture on a multi-lingual website I have had to use the following in my EventHandler class.

string imgXxlEn     = image.MediaUrl(culture: "en-GB", propertyAlias: "cmsGlobalSettingsDocTypeFullWidthImage").GetCropUrl(cropAlias: "XXL", width: 2100, imageCropMode: ImageCropMode.Stretch, quality: 80);

Although it works, does anyone know if there is another way to retrieve the culture for GetCropUrl

Thanks George

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2021 @ 06:58
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi George,

Media items stored in the library are culture invariant, so you can't get them for a specifice culture.

But maybe you have a media picker on culture variant content ?

Dave

May 14, 2021 @ 07:02
    George Phillipson

Hi Dave I have it working, just wanted to know if there is another way. Always good to know more than 1 way to do something :) Regards George

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2021 @ 07:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi George,

Normally you don't need to care about cultures when getting content. That is only needed when you want to get content from another specific language.

So I would do this :

var mediaUrl = string.Empty;
    var mediaItem = Model.Value<IPublishedContent>("cmsGlobalSettingsDocTypeFullWidthImage");

//// get it with fallback to another language
    //var mediaItem = Model.Value<IPublishedContent>("cmsGlobalSettingsDocTypeFullWidthImage", fallback: Fallback.ToLanguage);

if (mediaItem != null)
    {
        mediaUrl = mediaItem.GetCropUrl(cropAlias: "XXL", width: 2100, imageCropMode: ImageCropMode.Stretch, quality: 80);
    }

Here I just get the media item for the current language. The commented out line get's it with a fallback to another language (can be configured in language set utp).

Then if a media item exisits I get the crop url from that.

Dave

May 14, 2021 @ 11:17
    George Phillipson

Hi Dave

I should have been more specific, it is a multi-lingual website (2 languages) and the code is in a class so I don't have access to the model as I'm capturing the save event on the doctype.

As I mentioned, it works as is, I was just wondering if there was another way.

Regards

George

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft