Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    May 18, 2021 @ 06:33
    David Armitage

Umbraco 8 Member Cache not updating after Save

Hi people,

So when I insert a new member in code the member cache is not updating. I literally have to go into the Umbraco backend and manually save this member before it is visible in the cache.

So I add a new member with the following.

public OnlineBookingMember InsertOnlineBookingMember(string email, string username, string name, string password, string propertyAppJson, bool initilizeLogin)
            {
                try
                {
                    IMember member = _memberService.CreateMemberWithIdentity(email, username, name,  "onlineBookingMember");
                    if (member != null)
                    {
                        member.SetValue("propertyApp", propertyAppJson);
                        _memberService.Save(member);
                        _memberService.SavePassword(member, password);
                        _memberService.AssignRole(member.Id, "Online Booking Member");

if (initilizeLogin)
                        {
                            if (Membership.ValidateUser(username, password))
                                FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(username, false);
                        }

return _bookingMemberHelper.GetOnlineBookingMember(email);
                    }
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                    _logger.Error<BookingBookingMemberService>(e, "InsertOnlineBookingMember | Exception: {0} | Message: {1}", e.InnerException != null ? e.InnerException.ToString() : "", e.Message != null ? e.Message.ToString() : "");
                }

return null;
            }

And then shortly after I have another controller action getting the member from cache but it just does not exist until I visit the backend and manually re-save the data.

It almost feels like it is not saving and publishing but the membership only has a save unlike content which has both save and publish.

IPublishedContent member = _membershipHelper.GetByEmail(email);

I think this is a bug with Umbraco core but has anyone got any ideas to get around this. Possibly a easy way to refresh the member cache within code?

Kind Regards

David

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    May 20, 2021 @ 05:18
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello David,

Try to rebuild the umbraco.config file

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft