Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Caglar 23 posts 94 karma points
    May 25, 2021 @ 15:25
    Caglar

When input too many characters and tags into the rich text editor, css fails

Hi all,

When I enter a certain extra character in the rich text editor and add the bold tag or em tag, the css fail. Btw I'm using v8.9.1

Before entering bold characters

enter image description here

After entering bold characters

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    May 25, 2021 @ 21:13
    Huw Reddick

what does the code look like for the RTE, perhaps it is not adding the bold attribute/tag correctly, would help to see a before and after version of the html code in the rte

May 26, 2021 @ 07:48
    Caglar

Hi,

Html looks like this when adding strong. it's normal. When the number of characters is too high, the css gets fail but when you remove the strong tag, the number of characters doesn't matter.

May 26, 2021 @ 13:01
    Huw Reddick

and how many characters do you mean when you say too high? also, you have images in your pictures, where are they in your html? You need to show the full html of your RTE both before and after if you want some help.

May 26, 2021 @ 13:56
    Caglar

When you enter more than 72 characters with the strong tag, it becomes like the 2st picture above. When less than 72 characters are entered, it becomes like the 1st picture above. Or when you remove the strong tag completely, it is like the 1st picture above. What I want is a strong tag with more than 72 characters of text and it is like the 1st photo above.

Wrong html, I mean if the character with the strong tag is more than 72. As you can see, the items are included in the strong tag.

True html, I mean if the character with the strong tag is less than 72;

May 26, 2021 @ 14:46
    Huw Reddick

Hi Caglar, I'm afraid you are not explaining yourself very well. However from your last lot of images, are you actually displaying blog items which have a an rte on the blog item, since the divs and sections would not be in the rte source unless you are pasting them in yourself.

If it is a blog item, what does the source of the blog item template look like

Perhaps it is a character limit on your blog item that is causing the issue and not related to the rte at all.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft