Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chantal 15 posts 156 karma points
    May 27, 2021 @ 13:11
    Chantal

Instructions to reset admin password don't work

Hello there,

I can't log in with my admin user into the umbraco backoffice anymore. I tried using the following instructions: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/security/reset-admin-password

I did every step as described, but when I click "continue" on the installer I just end up at the login screen of the backoffice. No way to enter a new password or anything. I saw another forumpost that suggested to copy the password and the securityStamp from another user I know the password of. I tried this(I have another user, but he doesn't have admin-rights), but that didn't work.

Has any of you ever experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    May 27, 2021 @ 16:05
    Tom Madden

If you don't have the option to reset your password on the login screen then you need to setup your smtp settings. You can either use 127.0.0.1 and something like smtp4dev if you don't want to use and actual mail server, or setup a pickup directory and get the password reset email from the directory you specify.

Then use the link in the email to reset your password. Sorry I can't add more detail as I'm on my way out the door when I spotted your post.

HTH

t

• Chantal 15 posts 156 karma points
    Jun 16, 2021 @ 04:54
    Chantal

Thank you for your answer!

It didn't work with any E-Mail settings for some reason, but I found a recent backup where I could set everything back to. That worked.

• atup uxi 2 posts 71 karma points
    Jun 17, 2021 @ 04:19
    atup uxi

Thank you for your answer....worked for me

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft