This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Rud 231 posts 901 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2021 @ 06:19
    Martin Rud

Examine indexes keep breaking down

Hi,

Umbraco v8.13.0. I keep getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Could not find file 'd:\web\localuser\domain.dk\public_html\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\_2s.fnm'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'd:\web\localuser\domain.dk\public_html\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External\_2s.fnm'.

Source Error:

Line 77:            eventNode.SetValue("senderEmail", senderEmail);     
    Line 78:            eventNode.SetValue("comment", comment);         
    Line 79:            contentService.Save(eventNode);

When I empty all files in each subfolder of \App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\ and restarts site (touches web.config) the index comes up again and the above contentService job runs perfectly again. Just untill the index breaks down again after some few hours.

Extra info that might be relevant: I have multiple sites on different domains running in the solution so I have added this in web.config in

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
            <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    May 28, 2021 @ 12:01
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello Martin,

Try to delete the index folder and then backoffice rebuild will work.

App_Data might not included during a publish, it seems like exists in your project locally so check that too.

• Martin Rud 231 posts 901 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2021 @ 14:50
    Martin Rud

Thanks. If I have understood you correctly I should delete the folder App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes

I have now done that and touched the web.config. Things work now and I will wait and see if the continue to do so. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft