Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 10 posts 60 karma points
    May 28, 2021 @ 13:12
    Brian

Two Versions of Umbraco, Same Domain

Want to get some feedback on how I can possibly go about this.

I have a client that we are moving to a new version of Umbraco, not upgrading because we want a fresh site. Our client would like their home page on the new version and the rest of their site on the older version while we migrate content and develop the interior section.

Anyone have some insight or advice on possible solutions?

Thanks for your time.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2021 @ 13:54
    Nicholas Westby

You could reverse proxy the pages that aren't the homepage: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/extensions/url-rewrite-module/reverse-proxy-with-url-rewrite-v2-and-application-request-routing

Basically, you create a rewrite rule (not a redirect rule) to send a subset of your traffic to another server.

You may also have to change some paths between each website. For example, ensure the media folders are named different things and make sure any of your compiled frontend assets (e.g., JavaScript, CSS, fonts, images) do not share the same folders. That way, you can also rewrite the appropriate folders.

• Brian 10 posts 60 karma points
    May 28, 2021 @ 14:10
    Brian

Thanks Nicholas, I was looking into that when you replied. The more I think and research this, it seems it might be more trouble than it's worth. We like to keep our asset structure the same and it doesn't appear this would be possible using ARR.

Thanks again for your time!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft