Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ranjit J. Vaity 66 posts 109 karma points
    May 30, 2021 @ 16:58
    Ranjit J. Vaity

ModelBuilder PureLive fails stating "Could not load CharArrays" from assembly Umbraco.Core

Hello Umbraco,

I have been working on a demo site using Umbraco v8.11.1. I am not using ModelBuilder extensively but just auto generated classes. So far so good, I created a published version of this side and deployed it elsewhere and it fails with null exception and when seen in log details I have this ModelBuilder fails to generate classes. Please see the screen shot below: Exception in Settings Section

Secondly, In App_Data\Models folder, I get this:Difference between dev-env and deployed env

I am not sure, what I missing here. Also to mentioned very first deplyment went well and then on second deployment these errors are seen.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance!

Regards, Ranjit

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    May 31, 2021 @ 12:08
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hello Ranjit,

Possibly missing a reference, check this you can get what you are missing :-

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/developers/api-questions/37952-could-not-load-file-or-assembly-'umbracocore'

• shekhar sharma 22 posts 110 karma points
    May 31, 2021 @ 12:22
    shekhar sharma

Hi Ranjit , Please Try below Steps.

• Check Umbraco.core dll in website/dll folder.
    • Read/Write Permission to App_Data/Models Or Folder where you are generating Models
    • Add Umbraco,Core dll in website/dll folder version 8.0.0.0 and restart the application also check the package reference in web.Config File for Umbraco.core.
    • Login into the CMS and regenerate the models.
    • Also the Compare the Folder Structure of local and Deployment server. Something is definitely missing while publishing from Local to Server.

Seems you are using default model builder "PureLive" Which generate the model on fly..

Thanks, Shekhar

May 31, 2021 @ 14:27
    Ranjit J. Vaity

Hi AddWeb,

I have checked "Umbraco.Core.dll" in bin folder and exactly matched from dev environment.

Any more suggestions/advice are welcomed. :)

Thank you for reply!

Regards,

Ranjit

May 31, 2021 @ 18:16
    Ranjit J. Vaity

Hello Umbraco Team,

Update!

I kept trying to fix this error but at last I decided to have a fresh clone from GIT repo. When I published site using newly cloned version, every thing worked well as if nothing happen..

Still unknown about the cause of this error.

Thank you!

Regards,

Ranjit

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft