Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I'm having a multi language site where some properties have "Vary by culture" and some properties are only able to be edited on master language (English).
I've setup the properties correct i BO:
And when I edit the property on BO in English everything is fine (as expected)
But when I switch to Swedish I still can edit that property even though I only wanted it to be editable in English, and then disabled in the other languages
If I save the Swedish page and go back to English the value in that property has changed to the "about us"-page (but the English one)
Have I misunderstood what "Vary by culture" means? I want some properties (like images for example) to only be editable on the master language and greyed out and not editable on the other languages.
This is on an Umbraco 8.13.0-site.
EDIT: Tried upgrading to 8.14 but still same problem.
Do you have the same issue for the Header Image ? I see that is not set to vary by culture ?
I have, unfortunately. I had a look at this post as well: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Backoffice/Variants/ and made sure that every language has English as fallback
But that only made them inherit all the non-"vary by culture" properties but I could still edit them in the other languages (and that edit would change the value on all languages).
This seems like a bug to me. In earlier versions non variant properties were only editable in the default language. In other languages they were disabled.
Ah, found the culprit. We have "Our.Umbraco.Matryoska"-nuget package installed so we can have nicer tabs in BO and when I uninstalled it everything worked just fine.
I'll contact Søren Kottal to let him know about this error.
Edit: And now I see that tabs are coming back either way: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/matryoshka-tabs-for-umbraco-8/
But hopefully some-one else will have the same problem with this package and find this thread useful :)
I don't think it's related to Matryoshka. I just used a blank Umbraco install and can reproduce it.
In 8.12.3 it works as expected. but in 8.13 the problem occurs.
Will raise a issue on the tracker.
Thanks Dave for your help!
I raised the issue here :
I was experiencing the same issues on 8.16.0. All non "vary by culture" properties were still editable in the non-default languages. On the front-end only the values from the default language were used, so it was only an issue in the back-office. These issues were fixed after uninstalling Matryoshka v0.7.0. So this package does somehow interfere with the vary by culture settings.
I've double checked by reinstalling Matryoshka and the issues immediately reappeared.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted