Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Jun 15, 2021 @ 02:02
    Damien Holley

Updating to same version (Azure swap & environments)

I am using several environments for testing, local, a staging one and the final production environment which has a swap. Each environment has it's own DB.

I updated from 8.6 to 8.13.0 and everything went well on the minor environments, I hit update and they did their thing.

Now on the swap & production slots it is giving me errors that the db has columns not in the schema, cannot find the cmsDictonary, etc. it says it is updating:

current version 8.13.0 (2ab29964), which needs to be upgraded to 8.13.0 (d6a8d863)

The dictionary error: Cannot find the object \"cmsDictionary\" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions

Any ideas appreciated I am already investigating permissions on the login and will post here if that is the issue.

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Jul 13, 2021 @ 00:28
    Damien Holley

For anybody else who gets this, the permissions were at fault.

The client had modified the permissions on the production sql user login and disallowed any schema/view modification to the user being used by Umbraco.

This of course stopped the system from being able to make table updates etc.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft