Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee Higgitt 9 posts 90 karma points
    Jun 25, 2021 @ 09:27
    Lee Higgitt

Umbraco 8 Language variants & Nav Links

Hello,

Firstly I think this question is more related to content pickers than nav links specifically.

We're implementing a multi-language site using uskinned. I've added several languages and the relevant variants for those languages (and culture and hostname stuff).

I now have something similar to

/ 
    /fr
    /sp
    /de
    ...etc

Manually browsing to these URLs works fine. However, the links in the nav always points to the English page variants.

Uskinned has a Root "Configuration Node" which has a "Navigation" node underneath it which is where the nav links are configured.

Is it naive of me to think that Umbraco will automagically figure out that if we're on a /fr page then the content picker should return the content with a URL to the /fr variant?

Does it matter that the configuration node for the languages isn't under the home node (where the culture and hostnames are configured)?

If yes, what is the suggested way of doing this? Changing the navigation document type to allow varying by language and manually configure the links per language?

It feels like uskinned must have thought about this stuff but their documentation is essentially a just link to Umbraco's docs which aren't massively helpful in this respect either.

Aside: Is there any functionality for Umbraco to translate pages based on the Accept-Language header? I've used the mod-header chrome extension to change my language and It doesn't appear to work?

Thanks,

Lee

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft