Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chantal 15 posts 156 karma points
    Jun 30, 2021 @ 15:10
    Chantal

Umbraco is very slow but not in the backend

Hello there,

I have a weird Problem: My Umbraco Page is loading very slowly. Not always, sometimes it's a bit faster. The Backend is always fast, never a problem. Just the public page that sometimes takes up to 8 Seconds to load. I've tried deleting Code out of the Templates and it didn't make any difference ...

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jun 30, 2021 @ 21:37
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Chantal

Have you tried page speed tests to see if it is a true front end issue, ie large images, 404s on files, etc ? https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Is the site publicly available, and are you happy to share the URL ?

Cheers

Nigel

Jul 01, 2021 @ 07:51
    Chantal

Hi Nigel,

I just tried it three times. The first time there was a server timeout, the second time it reached a score of 95 and the third time a score of 86. Just as random as when trying to reach the page directly.

Best regards, Chantal

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 01, 2021 @ 08:10
    Søren Kottal

Works well here, Chantal

Maybe check your log to see if the site is restarting often. If you are getting random server timeouts, and slow time-to-first-bytes, then that could be the reason.

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jul 01, 2021 @ 10:56
    Brendan Rice

It loads really quickly here. I tried it a few times without a problem.

Jul 01, 2021 @ 11:42
    Chantal

Sometimes it works well for a few hours, so maybe you just got lucky and tried it during the working times ... But it's interesting that it worked well for both of you. Thanks for the feedback!

I recently used a fresh Umbraco installation and "combined" it with the content of the old page (connected it to the database and copied the views). The fresh installation works without any performance issues, so I'll just do that again and test for performance after every step with a few hours in between. I see no other solution at this point. Thanky anyways!

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 01, 2021 @ 12:50
    Dan Diplo

Try running the Mini Profiler to get an idea of what is causing the slowdowns - https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Code/Debugging/#miniprofiler

If it's intermittent then check if you are using partial caching to "hide" any slow processes, as when the cash expires you'll get a spike. Also check F12 console and network for any slow loading assets - sometimes 3rd party scripts can cause slowdowns like this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft