Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vijayaragavan 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 02, 2021 @ 05:27
    Vijayaragavan

Umbarco error on Azure app service

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: A connection string is configured but Umbraco could not connect to the database. at Umbraco.Core.RuntimeState.DetermineRuntimeLevel(IUmbracoDatabaseFactory databaseFactory, ILogger logger) at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.DetermineRuntimeLevel(IUmbracoDatabaseFactory databaseFactory, IProfilingLogger profilingLogger) at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer)

Hi ,

I'm getting above error when i run my .net application in azure app service with database connectivity for MSSQL installed in the VM.

Can anybody help me with the above error for connection string ?

• Marshall Penn 78 posts 258 karma points
    Jul 07, 2021 @ 09:12
    Marshall Penn

The error is saying that Umbraco cannot connect to the database, so you would need to look at the network/firewall settings for the Sql Server. If MSSQL is installed on a VM you need to check that the correct Sql Server ports are open on th VM in the Azure control panel. Also - and its been some years since i did a sql server install - its possible to install Sql Server with no external connectivity - especially if its only been used locally to the VM. So you might want to check the MSSQL configuration to check that IP/external access is enabled

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft