Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Boot 30 posts 150 karma points
    Jul 05, 2021 @ 13:39
    Andy Boot

Doc Type Grid Editor + Nested Content validation issues

Hi all,

I'm presently having issues with validation around a Nested Content field via the grid editor block configuration sidebar, with the help of Doc Type Grid Editor.

Here's a little video of the issue in action: https://streamable.com/acd7ar

Essentially, what this video is showing is the following:

1. All fields inside the nested content item are valid and submission works as expected.
    2. A required field is left invalid and submission fails with the correct validation messages around the nested content container and specific field.
    3. Validation error is corrected and all fields on face value are valid. Submission still fails, around only the nested content container. Unable to submit without closing down the sidebar and starting over again, ensuring I don't make a mistake again.

This isn't my first project I've worked on where we've noticed this issue and wondering if anybody else has seen it and/or come up with a solution?

I'm running the latest version of Doc Type Grid Editor (1.2.7), but only just out of date with Umbraco 8.13 (don't think upgrading will make a difference).

Many Thanks,

Andy

• Jason Elkin 38 posts 351 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 05, 2021 @ 19:00
    Jason Elkin

Hi Andy,

Looks like in your video this is using Nested Content and not DGTE?

In that case, looking at this, I think your issue might be fixed in 8.14 so upgrading might just do it.

Jul 06, 2021 @ 08:12
    Andy Boot

Ah! Typical isn't it that I write a forum post when it's already been fixed in the latest version. I'm going to hold off on upgrading to 8.14 for the time being and wait a couple of weeks for 8.15. Only because of all the changes to the media picker in 8.14.

Cheers Jason #H5YR!

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2021 @ 14:44
    iNETZO

Hi Andy,

I have the same problem after upgrading to Umbraco 8.17 (coming from Umbraco 8.10). Did you get NestedContent validation properly working in combination with DTGE?

Best regards,

iNETZO

Nov 09, 2021 @ 15:02
    Andy Boot

Hey,

I'm actually still facing this issue on a 8.16 site and don't know if it ever did temporally get fixed in 8.14 or 8.15. Haven't got round to raising an issue (unless one still exists), but feel free to raise it.

Cheers,

Andy

Nov 10, 2021 @ 09:35
    iNETZO

Thanks Andy,

I think it can be solved like this by adding serverValidationManager.reset(); after line 270 in doctypegrideditor.controllers.js

enter image description here

Would you be able to give this a try and see if it solves the problem for you too?

Nov 10, 2021 @ 10:33
    Andy Boot

Hey,

Thanks for investigating this, I've added that line but it doesn't appear to have made any difference. I've cleared all caches too just to rule that out.

Regards,

Andy

Nov 10, 2021 @ 12:23
    iNETZO

If it's on a production enviroment, did you raise <clientDependency version="xxxx" in Config\ClientDependency.configand restarted your applicationpool? To be sure it's not cached anymore.

Nov 10, 2021 @ 13:01
    Andy Boot

I did everything except restart the app pool it'd seem! I've just gone to check and looks to be working now. Great work for working out the problem and providing a solution

Cheers,

Andy

Nov 10, 2021 @ 15:08
    iNETZO

Good to hear this works for you as well. I'll make an PR for this. Thanks for checking Andy!

Nov 10, 2021 @ 18:05
    Andy Boot

Anytime! 😊

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft