Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jul 09, 2021 @ 13:35
    Brendan Rice

Umbraco v7 > v8 Upgrade - Nest Content Upgrade - 'String "9906" is not a valid udi.'

I've recently done an upgrade from v7 to v8, after a few snags it seems to mostly be there but this one issue is reappearing across the site anywhere nested content is used.

System.FormatException: 'String "9906" is not a valid udi.'

It seems like the site was built using old Nested Content format and when it tried to load a page with Nested Content it throws the exception as it expects data in a different format.

Is there a step I've missed in the upgrade?

How can I fix this?

• Yakov Lebski 549 posts 2113 karma points
    Jul 10, 2021 @ 01:03
    Yakov Lebski

You not migrated MediaPicker to MediaPicker2 (the same for ContentPicker and MultiTreeNodePicker), if it small site you can reassign and save it again if it big site automitic process is good idea to migrate content. For me it very not clear why product doesn't do it automaticly.

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jul 10, 2021 @ 17:10
    Brendan Rice

Thanks Yakov, when you say migrate content, how do I do that?

Is it just changing the data type? I did go through all the data types that had (obsolete) beside the property type, but still got this error.

What do you steps look like to ensure this doesn't happen?

• Yakov Lebski 549 posts 2113 karma points
    Jul 11, 2021 @ 02:04
    Yakov Lebski

Obsole Picker saves data as int - 9906, new data pickers save in UDI format umb://media.....

if it small site just open revelvant pages, reassing media or content in new pickers and publish it. If it big number of data - need create migration process to change it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft