Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sjaak van der Heide 34 posts 106 karma points
    Jul 14, 2021 @ 08:55
    Sjaak van der Heide

Publishing a page in only a non-default language returns the first homepage

First of all, sorry for the cryptic title. Not sure how to describe this one in a good oneliner.

My situation is as following:

We have a site for a company that has several languages and several homepages for it's corporate and several country specific pages.

One of those homepages/languages combo's is Kenya & EN-US. The main site is also available in English. There are other languages/homepages but as I see it they are not relevant here.

Now the problem is that when I publish a page in the Kenya(EN-US) site it complains about the URL:

This document is published but its URL would collide with content /Home NL (id=1131)

But they have completely seperate URLs (company.nl/en for the corporate englist and company.co.uk for the Kenya(EN-US)

Also after publishing the kenya homepage will show the Corporate(EN-US) page. But when directly navigating to a Kenya subpage it wil work and show the correct menu/footer.

When a node under de Corporate site is saved (not even needed to publish) the correct data shows up again on the Kenya homepage and the collide error disappears.

I have already: rebuilt the index cleared all caches (Internals, DB, Memory) touched web.config

Update: I have now linked the company.nl/ke and company.co.ke to the same Node and Culture and they show different content.

• Sjaak van der Heide 34 posts 106 karma points
    Jul 15, 2021 @ 12:45
    Sjaak van der Heide

I have been looking further into this myself as well and found the issue (not a fix yet though)

The Kenya site uses only US-us, but the default language for the site was set to NL-nl.

I published a stub NL homepage and it works (except for the non working Dutch link in my language switch).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft