Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Hill 26 posts 126 karma points
    Jul 19, 2021 @ 09:17
    Ben Hill

Plugin Recommendation - Was this content useful?

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping the vast experience of this forum may help me find a suitable plugin.

We would like to present the user with a simple pop over after a certain amount of time has elapsed, this pop over would ask the user "Was this content useful?". The plugin would then ideally log the response (yes or no) and the page the user responded on.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations thrown my way.

Ben

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2021 @ 09:27
    Steve Morgan

I'm not aware of anything that will do this as a plugin.

But it should be pretty simple to output a hidden field in your master template - put the page node Guid in here.

Write some js that fires this script after x seconds to show the dialog (again put on your master template or via a partial included on certain pages.

The create a surface controller that will take a model that contains the node name.

Store the page guid and the response to a custom table.

Whatever you do - do not try to store these responses against the content nodes as it will create a publish for each submission and your history will grow out of hand.

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Jul 20, 2021 @ 09:28
    Steve Morgan

Thinking on it... I bet you could even do this by firing a custom event in GA and just report on the response yes / no with the page Id / Guid...

• Ben Hill 26 posts 126 karma points
    Jul 27, 2021 @ 12:03
    Ben Hill

Sorry for the late reply Steve and thanks for taking the time out, it looks like we may approach this a a custom bit of dev or use a third party such as Usabilla.

Thanks again Steve.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft