Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Enrique Capellan 40 posts 173 karma points
    Jul 19, 2021 @ 15:29
    Enrique Capellan

503 on AuthorizeUpgrade after moving to a new server

I just moved my Umbraco website to an on-premise server. Now, the site tries to start the upgrade wizard and goes directly to the login, but I'm not able to sign in on the backoffice.

The only thing I see is that the AutorizeUpgrade request is returning a 503 response code. Does any one have any idea about what's going on here?

• Brendan Rice 537 posts 1098 karma points
    Jul 19, 2021 @ 17:51
    Brendan Rice

It seems like a DB connection issue.

Is the connection string correct and can you connect to SQL Server Management Studio using the credentials?

• Enrique Capellan 40 posts 173 karma points
    Jul 19, 2021 @ 18:25
    Enrique Capellan

Everything is good with the connection string, I can connect to db from the Management Studio, and I don't see anything related to db on the logs files.

• Brendan Rice 537 posts 1098 karma points
    Jul 20, 2021 @ 10:30
  • Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Aug 26, 2021 @ 13:49
    Jamie Attwood

@Enrique Capellan were you able to solve this issue? I am having the same issue migrating a site from 7.15.7 to 8.15.2. Love to hear how you solved this. My permissions are set, DB is present. but AuthorizeUpgrade is continually 503. Default web.config straight out of the U8 nuget install.

Cheers,

Jamie

• Ray 13 posts 103 karma points notactivated
    May 31, 2022 @ 09:31
    Ray

@Enrique Capellan @Jamie

When I tried to upgrade from 7.15.7 to 8.18, I also encountered a 503 error on the console, and then the input account submission interface also reported a 503 error. Later, I found that the login account was not Administrator usergroup, and then changed to Administrator.

At this time, there is still a 503 error prompt on the console (we can ignore it first), and then entered the account to log in. The upgrade was successfully completed. Of course, if the 503 error is successfully skipped, there are some scripts that need to be handled manually.

I'm not sure if your problem is the same as that I encountered. I hope it can help you.

Cheers,

Ray

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft