Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Jul 23, 2021 @ 14:12
    Dibs

Hi our Umbraco Team

How are Examine indexes rebuilt when app is up and running?

I know i can manually go into back office and rebuild.

I just would know if they update on new/update node or on a timing service ?

Dibs

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2021 @ 09:50
    Marc Goodson

Hi Dibs

Whenever you publish a content item or save a media item, then the corresponding entry in the Examine index is also updated.

So in theory the indexes never need to be rebuilt or ever updated on a regular interval.

Examine indexes are ultimately files on disk, have a look in app_data/Temp/ExamineIndexes (if I remember correctly)...

... if you are load balancing or scaling out server instances there is a very specific Examine configuration to have in place - https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Server-Setup/azure-web-apps#recommended-configuration ...

Otherwise be careful when deploying your site, not to copy up the Examine Indexes from your development environment!

Occaisionally the Examine files might get 'locked' after a deploy - that's when the rebuild button is handy in the backoffice.

regards

Marc

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Aug 03, 2021 @ 12:31
    Dibs

Cheers Mark,

Just wanted to know confirmation on how index is updated. It did not update when i unpublished a node, but when like you say rebuilt the index from back office. This reflected in the unpublished node omitted from search results.

Dibs

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft