Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• cerdts 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 23, 2021 @ 21:20
    cerdts

v8.15.0 does not save pages, IIS Worker and CPU max out to 100%

Umbraco 8.14.1 upgraded manually to 8.15.0. on Windows 10 Pro and SQL Server 18.9.2 and everything seemed fine. Viewing existing pages seems to be fine. When I try to edit and save or publish a page the button circle keeps spinning and the page is never saved to the database. When I look at running processes on the system I see that IIS Worker climbs to 50-60 % which takes the CPU to 100%. I went back to my 8.14.1 code and database backup and everything works fine including Save and Publish.

Is this a bug in 8.15.1 or was I supposed to do something other than copy over the /bin and /Umbraco folders?

-Dan

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2021 @ 09:15
    Marc Goodson

Hi cerdts

It might be a bug, but one thought with manually copying those files is did you increment the client dependency framework version?

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/upgrading/general#potential-issues-and-gotchas

Normally this gets incremented as part of the upgrade - but if you copied the folders, I'm not sure this would have happened.

Incrementing the version will ensure the backoffice loads fresh versions of Umbraco's client side assets - so maybe without that the UI is calling an older endpoint in save and publish, and errors (see if there is anything in the console) - and so never completes, and you see the endless button circling?

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft