Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sachin 13 posts 85 karma points
    Jul 28, 2021 @ 16:07
    sachin

Issue on upgrading Data base Structure from 7.4.3 to 8.15.1

Hi All,

I have upgrade my existing solution from 7.4.3 to 8.15 with changes in my custom code behind file, but at the end I struck on upgrade process from 7.4.3 Database to new version.

enter image description here

Please let me know if any one can help.

Regards Sachin

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 28, 2021 @ 16:16
    Nik

Hi Sachin,

Did you upgrade 7.4.3 to the latest version of v7 before trying to do the migration to v8?

Thanks

Nik

Jul 28, 2021 @ 17:02
    sachin

Hi Nik,

I did directly to 7.4.3 to 8v.

Do we need to do incremental update?

Alternatively DB can be updated directly from v8, I think migration tool is available in v8.let me know if i am wrong.

Regards Sachin

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 28, 2021 @ 20:01
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Sachin

You can't upgrade directly from 7.4.3 to 8

There is no direct upgrade path from Umbraco 7 to Umbraco 8, but it is possible to migrate content from Umbraco 7 sites to Umbraco 8 sites.

Check out more details on how to upgrade here - https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/upgrading/version-specific

Thanks,

Alex

Jul 30, 2021 @ 06:34
    sachin

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your comments, my question is can we directly migrate Content from V7 to V8. if yes how we can process.

Alternatively, we need to follow Step by Step upgrade this way we can smoothly process to update the umbraco DB schema as well as on each updated version.

https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-upgrade-umbraco-safely/

Regards

Sachin

• Jeffery Phelps 1 post 71 karma points
    Jul 30, 2021 @ 07:35
    Jeffery Phelps

Hi Sachin

You can't upgrade directly from 7.4.3 to 8

There is no direct upgrade path from Umbraco 7 to Umbraco 8, but it is possible to migrate content from Umbraco 7 sites to Umbraco 8 sites.

Check out more details on how to upgrade here mygiftcardsite - https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/upgrading/version-specific

Thanks,

Alex

Hello alex, Thanks for your valuable help, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jul 30, 2021 @ 08:53
    Marc Goodson

Hi Sachin

Details of the migration steps you need to take are here:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Upgrading/migrating-to-v8

Broadly speaking

• Upgrade to the latest version of V7 first 7.15.7
    • Install pre-migration healthchecks and run
    • Create a new V8 solution
    • Add the ProWorks migrations helper package
    • Point the new V8 solution at the 7.15 database, the migration will begin - When completed, you should be able to login to your V8 solution and see your upgraded site.
    • Install the V8 equivalents of any plugins and packages your site uses or migrate to a different plugin if there is no direct equivalent
    • Then you'll need to implement all the Views/Controllers c# code used to render your site, in the updated syntax for V8

regards

Marc

Jul 30, 2021 @ 11:17
    sachin

Hi Mark,

Thanks, I got your point & start working as per mention by you.

Regards

Sachin

Aug 02, 2021 @ 14:33
    sachin

Hi All,

I have Successfully migrated my Umbraco 7.4.3 to 8.15 db content.

Please see below Steps, I used.

1. Upgrade umbraco version 7.4.3 to 7.15 & configured your content DB with umbracosettingvalue in webconfig as your last version value.
    2. Umbraco web console just click customise button & configure DB settings with your last upgrade version.
    3. This will manage the DB schema upgrade.
    4. Install Health check package run to check for update any discrepancy in dB.
    5. Repeats step 1 to 3 for 7.15 to 8.15.

Note : Kindly upgrade your mediatype data type which are obsolete in Umbraco 8 version.

Regards

Sachin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft