Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason D 66 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 28, 2021 @ 22:03
    Jason D

We ran into this error after being in production for one day. Had to take it offline and revert. I can't find any info on it.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.InvalidOperationException: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "state-batching".
      at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.ThrowOnUnknownInitialState(String state) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\MigrationPlan.cs:line 278
      at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\MigrationPlan.cs:line 304
      at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Migrations\Upgrade\Upgrader.cs:line 67
      at InboundLinkErrors.Core.Components.DatabaseUpgradeComponent.Initialize()
      at Umbraco.Core.Composing.ComponentCollection.Initialize() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Composing\ComponentCollection.cs:line 32
      at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.CoreRuntime.Boot(IRegister register, DisposableTimer timer) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Runtime\CoreRuntime.cs:line 188

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 29, 2021 @ 07:14
    Nik

Hi Jason,

Looking at the error, I suspect you have some custom code in

InboundLinkErrors.Core.Components.DatabaseUpgradeComponent that is trying to run a migration. I'm not sure if InboundLinkErrors is a plugin that you've installed or not?

Basically, that component is trying to run a migration from a state called state-batching to something else, but that appears to be not supported in the migration plan.

Thanks

Nik

• Jason D 66 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 29, 2021 @ 17:03
    Jason D

Hi Nik,

I didn't see the "InboundLinkErrors..." portion of the error until after I posted this question. That is a plugin/package, so I had to uninstall it, and then restore the database back to a previous good state, and redeploy to get it back to normal.

Thanks for your eyes on that error.

Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft