Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Glenn Smith 18 posts 99 karma points
    Aug 10, 2021 @ 12:11
    Glenn Smith

Database Changes Upgrading from 7.12 to 7.13

I am trying to upgrade my Umbraco to 7.14 for migration to 8.0. I tried to just go from 7.7.6 to 7.14 but experienced too many errors. So I upgraded up the stack to 7.8, 7.9, 7.10, 7.11, 7.12 and was able to build and run locally without issue. After upgrading from 7.12 to 7.13 The code compiled but when I attempted to do the initial run locally after upgrade I was unable to sign in to Back Office using verified logins. I checked the log files and saw SUCCESSFUL BackOffice logins even though the UI showed the message for a failed login. The logs further revealed: ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'umbracoUserLogin'.

I suspect that a database change going from 7.12 to 7.13 was not installed. Were can I see the database changes that should have been installed during the upgrade? Should I just run the DB changes manually or rollback and reinstall? The connecting service account has the sysadmin role. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 13, 2021 @ 13:47
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Glenn

Umbraco should do all needed changes in the database. Did you see the installation screen when added new dlls to the project? Did it run successfully?

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft