Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paulo 10 posts 80 karma points
    Aug 10, 2021 @ 13:00
    Paulo

Apply a Row style to the Grid Layout and see the result in the content page itself

Hi!

I have an visual issue, right now I have some settings on the style field of my grid layout to be able to select different backgrounds, it does work but the client complained about not being able to see the background while editing because sometimes the text and the background color are relevant (white text with white background for example), no amount of google gave me a solution for this, is that possible somehow?

This is my Json code

Style setting

Here is where I select the colour, I would like to see it applied on the row as soon as I select it (it does apply the background correctly in the home page)

so if I select 'red' for example I would like it to be red while editing, to have a feeling of how everything will look together:

Red background

• Huw Reddick 1740 posts 6102 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 10, 2021 @ 16:24
    Huw Reddick

I think you would be better to add them as css classes rather than setting the background-color style, you can then add your classes to the umbraco backoffice style sheet and it should display when editing

Aug 11, 2021 @ 07:29
    Paulo

thanks for answering! Can I add a CSS class as a colour picker? Could you provide an example of how my selection will add a class to the rich text editor? because the way I see it the class would always be there whatever I select it or not? So if I add the class "red" wouldn't it always be red?

• Huw Reddick 1740 posts 6102 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 11, 2021 @ 11:49
    Huw Reddick

Sorry I was getting confused by your RTE image, I don't believe you can do what you require because the settings are not applied anywhere in the backoffice only when rendered in the frontend UI

Aug 16, 2021 @ 07:43
    Paulo

I see, thanks for answering in any case.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft