Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Schmitt 2 posts 82 karma points
    Aug 10, 2021 @ 13:39
    Michael Schmitt

Hello there, I need your help... I'm trying to get access to the umbraco.sdf on Umbraco 8.14. All attempts to get this done, resulted in a "not so amusing"-result. I already tried the guides in the forum like SSMS with and without SSCE4.0 runtime, SQLite viewer and the SQL Toolbox for VS.

Help me Obi-wan ...erm... Umbraco Community... You're my only hope^^

Tips, tricks, ideas are very welcome...enlighten me please to get this problem solved.

Michael

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 10, 2021 @ 15:49
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

I use the SqlLite and SQLCompact toolbox extension for Visual Studio

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ErikEJ.SQLServerCompactSQLiteToolbox

this lets you open the .sdf files in visual studio and you can examine the tables and run sql against them.

Kevin

• Huw Reddick 1736 posts 6076 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 10, 2021 @ 16:01
    Huw Reddick

I have used this SQLCE CompactView it works fine for my needs.

• Michael Schmitt 2 posts 82 karma points
    Aug 11, 2021 @ 13:32
    Michael Schmitt

Thanks for the fast responses... I tried it, and it doesn't work very well for me. I also tried Kevin's tip and voilĂ ... seems like it killed my VS Installation somehow... reinstalled VS, installed the toolbox and the runtime, and it worked as it supposed to work. I couldn't have imagined updates and extensions would shred my IDE.

Thanks again for the help

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 11, 2021 @ 13:37
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I have always use LinqPad for this, top left click "Add connection" choose the first option

enter image description here

Then SQL CE 4.0 and select the file

enter image description here

If I remember correctly, this does require you to install the SQL CE runtime first, which can be found at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5783

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft