Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ReneRam 21 posts 186 karma points
    Aug 11, 2021 @ 09:32
    ReneRam

Back Office got styles messed up. How can I reset them to default/initial status

Hello. I didn't do anything with the config files, but something has changed in the back office setting and I can't see the id's any more... enter image description here

Thanks René

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 11, 2021 @ 09:44
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

The "I didn't do anything" is normally when a lot of things has changed :)

You should start by preventing cache, to see if it is something in the source. This can be done by "bumping the CDF version" https://adolfi.dev/blog/umbraco-bump-cdf/.

I would suggest inspecting the elements, to see what styles are applied, and see what the source is. It may be a plugin (in umbrac) or maybe even an extension (in the browser).

HTH

Aug 11, 2021 @ 10:24
    ReneRam

Thanks Søren. I tried changing the CDF version +1, but it didn't work. I was tryin to create a tab plugin for Umbraco 8 and have added an empty css, the package.mainfest, a mostly empty controller.js and a very simple html as a skeleton. Do you think that if I remove what I was doing in the App_Plugin folder I'll revert to default settings? I can create the plugin in a separate project.

René

Aug 12, 2021 @ 07:58
    ReneRam

Finally I removed the plugin I was developing and changed the CDF version as indicated by Søren and the initial configuration was recovered.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft