Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ggesheva 15 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 13, 2021 @ 07:31
    ggesheva

Umbraco V8 installation with more than 25 000 members and public profile pages for each member

I am currently scoping a project that needs to be reworked so Umbraco V8 is part of it. This projects already has 18 000 members and 5 000 more are for sure on their way.

1. Does anybody here had experience with Umbraco with so many members? And if so what should I expect and beware of?
    2. Another thing is: I will need to generate public profile pages for each member. (creating-a-public-profile-page-for-members-in-umbraco <- Any idea 💡 of how efficient is this approach ? )

My primary concerns are:

• Is Umbraco capable of handling this amount of members without taking a hit on the performance when loading information from the members
      property?
    • Should I add my own tables to help the performance?
    • Having 25,000+ member nodes how much will it slow the manegment of the members via the Umbraco interface. However what if I just use my own manegment tool for this level of members?
  • Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 13, 2021 @ 12:38
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi

Is Umbraco capable of handling this amount of members without taking a hit on the performance when loading information from the members property?

• Yes, Umbraco can handle such amount of members

All you want to implement is not a problem for Umbraco 8.

Umbraco uses Examine indexes, so it's quite efficient in terms of handling it via backoffice.

Thanks,

Alex

• ggesheva 15 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 13, 2021 @ 12:43
    ggesheva

That sounds great, thanks for the quick reply! I will definatly give it a go.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft