Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sulochan Thapa 12 posts 92 karma points
    Aug 16, 2021 @ 09:26
    Sulochan Thapa

How to prevent email flooding vulnerability while resetting password?

My client is getting hundreds of Password Reset emails in a day. Which is causing a lot of problems. Do any one know how to limit the number of times the password reset email is sent? Atleast 5 times after which the reset email cannot be sent for another 30 or 40 minutes.

• Ilyas Balgabekov 21 posts 132 karma points
    Aug 18, 2021 @ 17:46
    Ilyas Balgabekov

Hello, can you describe your problem in more detail. Do some spambots try to reset your password? In this case, you can set up Google reCaptcha. If you have programm problem we need more details.

Aug 19, 2021 @ 14:29
    Sulochan Thapa

Yes my client is getting hit by spambots and receiving hundreds of reset password emails. Please provide a guide or help How to setup Google Recaptcha in reset password form in Umbraco 8?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 19, 2021 @ 17:32
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Sulochan

I think the easiest way for you would be to hide "/umbraco" path from the network, so spammers would not be able to hit "/umbraco" section at all

Thanks,

Alex

Aug 19, 2021 @ 18:04
    Sulochan Thapa

Hi Alex, I have changed the "/umbraco" path to some custom path and I cannot hide this path or restrict ip's as this will restrict my client accessing the backoffice. Anyways thank you for your suggestion.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 19, 2021 @ 18:11
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are always welcome. it's a nice pattern to hide /umbraco path from the network

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft