Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dlaplume 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 22, 2021 @ 15:35
    dlaplume

I've recently taken over management of an Umbraco site v7.7.4

Also somewhat new to Umbraco.

Some pages are showing a truncated url www.mydomain.com/page Other pages have full url www.mydomain.com/subpage/subpage/subpage/target page

This is not due to hierarchy. How do I make all my urls, truncated url www.mydomain.com/page

Note, I have tried the Umbraco URL Alias - did not work Also searched web.config files for url rewrite and did not find.

Thank you in advance.

• Ken Mark 82 posts 94 karma points
    Aug 23, 2021 @ 19:49
    Ken Mark

Are the current redirects done in the UrlRewriting.config file perhaps? If the site is somewhat static that is the easiest way I guess.

• dlaplume 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 08, 2021 @ 02:36
    dlaplume

Hi Ken, thank you for your response. I do not believe they were but not 100% sure. Could not tell. Is there a way to confirm if the redirects were done via urlrewriting?

• Ken Mark 82 posts 94 karma points
    Sep 08, 2021 @ 06:48
    Ken Mark

Hi, check the contents of the UrlRewriting.config file, do you see any redirects there?

• Mehmet Avcı 55 posts 240 karma points
    Sep 09, 2021 @ 09:57
    Mehmet Avcı

Heya,

In umbraco when you add a domain name for a node you can also give 1 url slug in Culture-Hostnames menu for content tree. For ex

www.mydomainname.com/page-name

Maybe your page has a definition like this one. Same as umbracoUrlAlias property, you will need to define them one by one.

Best,

Mehmet

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft