Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dee 118 posts 338 karma points
    Aug 25, 2021 @ 20:52
    Dee

Umbraco Hosting Provider

Hi there,

do you know any other Umbraco hosting providers except of Umbraco Cloud? They should be reliable and have a good support.

I would appreciate your recommendations.

Best

Dee

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2021 @ 21:32
    Nik

I can recommend UmbHost, they are fairly new, but they have a great track record and you can even opt for some of your costs to be used to sponsor Umbraco Package Developers.

https://umbhost.co.uk/

They are capable of running v7,v8, and v9 sites, as well as non-Umbraco .Net sites if needed.

Thanks

Nik

Aug 25, 2021 @ 21:49
    Dee

it seems like umbhost is a one man show. isnt it? Do u know if the performance of the sites hosted there is high?

i am thinking about hosting on a windows vps, and really dont get why it should be a dedicated umbraco hosting provider. any hints in this regard?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2021 @ 21:52
    Nik

UmbHost Is a .Net hosting platform as opposed to a dedicated Umbraco hosting provider. They are just targeting Umbraco as their primary audience because their founders are Umbraco developers.

I'm afraid I don't know the performance statistics for it, but I've reached out to one of the founders to see if they can provide more information for you :-)

Aug 25, 2021 @ 22:09
    Dee

big thanks, Nik!

• Aaron 57 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 26, 2021 @ 08:11
    Aaron

Hi Dee,

So UmbHost has been around since 2009, under various names, so the platform is well tested and stable.

Even though only my name is down, UmbHost is backed by others who have currently chosen not to be listed on the site, I can provide details if required.

The infrastructure is truly geo-redundant, where the servers are located in physically separate data centers, and as Nik mentioned unlike Umbraco Cloud, any .NET or Static website can be hosted on the platform, PHP and MariaDB can be enabled on request, with various deployment tools, such as FTP and Web Deploy. The servers are also on a 1Gbp/s uplink, so network speed should never be an issue, coupled with Cloudflare for the CDN, Loadbalancer (for failover) and Firewalls.

As for performance, take a look at https://codeshare.co.uk, as this site is located on our platform, you can see the current uptime statistics on the status page at https://status.umbhost.net.

I hope this answers your questions.

Aug 26, 2021 @ 20:00
    Dee

Thanks Aaron, I decided to go with umbhost!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft