Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• summer 1 post 31 karma points
    Aug 26, 2021 @ 08:10
    summer

I can't find a layout file in settings page but it can normal display in website

hello everyone! I have trouble when I deal with a case that made by former colleague! He made a home.cshtml and layout just only write one line:

@{ Layout = "master.cshtml"; }

I click any tree list in settings page but still can't find any file named master.cshtml!! But header is normal display of the webpage.I really really so confused......

I check the file in visual code,I really sure the master.cshtml is header of home.cshtml,but in the Umbraco,I just can't find the Mysterious File!!!!Where is it going!!??

I try to search keyword like :Umbraco layout but can't find right answer for me ....if you know what happen and what is the answer, please tell me ,I can't thank you enough!!!

• Huw Reddick 1736 posts 6076 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 26, 2021 @ 12:11
    Huw Reddick

it should be under

Settings - Templates section of the tree in the backoffice. or you can locate it in the Views folder of the website.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 26, 2021 @ 13:11
    Søren Kottal

Hi Summer

The template tree in the backoffice is based on the template records in the database. You can have a master.cshtml view without having it as a template in Umbraco, which is probably what you have got.

In the later versions of Umbraco, you can just create a new template called Master, and then it will merge your master.cshtml with the template.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft