Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Aug 26, 2021 @ 19:08
    Carlos Mosqueda

Setting navigation "current" or "active" class when navigation is built with Multi Url Picker

I am using the MUP (Multi Url Picker) to build my navigation.
    This requires us to use the <Link> object vs the <IPublishedContent> . That said I am trying to get the current URL or page and adding the "active" CSS class to it. When I try to use the "IsAncestorOrSelf()" like in every post suggested in Our, but because I am using the MUP, the "IsAncestorOrSelf()" is not working.

I get the error: 'Link' does not contain a definition for 'IsAncestorOrSelf' and no accessible extension method 'IsAncestorOrSelf' accepting a first argument of type 'Link'

My code is below:

@{ var topLevelNavItemLink = topLevelNavItem.GetPropertyValue<Link>("navigationElementLinkMUP");}

@if (topLevelNavItemLink != null)
    {
        @*This doesn't work using IsAncestorOrSelf()*@
                <a href="@topLevelNavItemLink.Url" class="navItem" @(topLevelNavItemLink.IsAncestorOrSelf(Model) ? "active" : null)>
                        @topLevelNavItemLink.Name
                </a>

}

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 27, 2021 @ 10:14
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Carlos

You can get umbraco page by URL with this method - UmbracoContext.Current.ContentCache.GetByRoute(string URL)

Then compare URLs and if they are the same it's an actual page

If you are using only umbraco pages in the navigation then use Multiple Content Picker instead of Multy URL picker

Thanks,

Alex

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Aug 27, 2021 @ 16:40
    Carlos Mosqueda

So I ended up finding out what I needed by simply using "CurrentPage.Url" which is only in U7 I know. We are on 8 and 9 as an RC, we are not there yet.

That said this was my solution,

But here is my code this far

<a href="@topLevelNavItemLink.Url" class="navItem @(CurrentPage.Url == topLevelNavItemLink.Url ? "nav-item-active" : null)">
                        @topLevelNavItemLink.Name
           </a>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft