Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Nankivell 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 27, 2021 @ 04:22
    David Nankivell

Package Actions Uninstall Issues

Hey all,

I have been working on Umbraco 8.15 and experimenting with creating packages. At the moment, most everything is working as intended - except for the "uninstall" package action.

I have created a custom "install" package action, as specified here, and this works exactly as intended (though the docs probably need to be clarified on how to set this up!)

The custom "uninstall" action does not run when the package is installed however. I suspect it's due to the specified actions not being saved in the installedPackages.config file during the installation process. During installation, I encounter the following error: Could not add package actions to the package xml definition, the xml did not parse - this doesn't prevent the "install" action from running.

This is the Package Actions section on the package creation page enter image description here

So, any help anyone can offer? I'd prefer for the package to clean up after itself once uninstalled, but at the moment Umbraco doesn't seem capable of correctly handling "uninstall" actions

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft