Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 480 posts 1412 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 30, 2021 @ 10:58
    Owain Williams

Pagination not working via Ajax call

Hi, I've got a bug in my sitye where I am passing the current page Id to the indexer. The reason I'm doing this is so I return only the blogs from a specific site. I'm hosting 2 sites on one instance of Umbraco.

On the initial load the correct blogs are shown and all is good, however, when I call this method via ajax I get an error.

umbracoHelper.AssignedContentItem.Id = 'umbracoHelper.AssignedContentItem.Id' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'

I'm presuming this is because it's an ajax call but I can't figure out how to get this working.

enter image description here

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 30, 2021 @ 11:15
    Nik

Ajax requests don't generally have an assigned content item on the Umbraco helper. You are better off passing the key of the page as part of the request.

Aug 30, 2021 @ 15:04
    Owain Williams

A great, of course! Thanks.

Now passing the value from @Umbaco.AssignedContentItem.Id to my javascript which then passes the value to my controller.

Cheers! O.

Aug 30, 2021 @ 15:24
    Owain Williams

Is there a way to have a fallback so if Umbraco.AssignedContentItem.id isn't valid due to it being a ajax request then use Model.CurrentPageId?

Reason I ask is, on initial page load, Umbraco.AssignedContentItem.Id works. This means I can then take the id and post it via a model and ajax to my pagination method.

But then when the pagination loads the page, Umbraco.AssignedContentItem.Id throws an error because it's not got a value but now Model.CurrentPageId does.

Aug 30, 2021 @ 18:36
    Owain Williams

Changed my approach and it now works.

Just had to walk away from the screen and get some food.

I'll blog about how I fixed the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft