Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 10, 2021 @ 22:03
    Jonathan

Upgraded from 8.4.0 to 8.16.0, and now the content pages are grey and blank. Can't see any meaningful errors in the Browser console or the Web Developer tools.
    Site works well on the front end. It is only the admin site that is blank for the content of the pages. The info of the pages looks good. And the page actions seem to work okay. Packages seem to install okay in the admin. As far as I can tell, everything works except for editing the content pages. And the content was working before upgrade. I upgraded because we were unable to roll back the content of a page to a previous version, and supposedly v8.10+ fixed this. So I updated to the latest version.

Packages installed are: The Starter Kit v4.0.0 Clutiv Tabfy v1.0.5 Moriyama.SuperDocTypeCreate v1.0.0 Doc Type Grid Editor V1.1.0 Articulate v4.3.2 (updated today) CodeShare Starter Kit v8 V2.0.3 Umbraco Forms V8.8.0-rc001 (updated today) Virtual Nodes for Umbraco 8 V1.0.1

Server is Windows 2019 Essentials

Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you Jonathan

• Marc Goodson 2126 posts 14218 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Sep 11, 2021 @ 07:17
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jonathan

Not sure this is the problem, but you don't need the SuperDocTypeCreate package, as this became part of the core in 8.12, so it's safe to uninstall that.

I'd look at the other packages to see if they have an updated version available that works with the latest version. Doc Type Grid Editor has a later release than you report above? and Cultiv Tabify has been retired - there is a replacement package matryoskha https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/matryoshka-tabs-for-umbraco-8/ that will provide tabs for 8.16 - (although tabs are coming back into the core in 8.17!)

I'd make sure the ClientDependency version is updated in the /config/clientdependency.config file.

Have a look also in the serilog trace logs to see if an error mesage is being reported (in the settings section if that loads!)

Then if it was still an issue, I'd probably get a separate vanilla fresh download of the version of Umbraco and point it at the database, this should mean you can login, and see the content section! Then I'd introduce the packages one by one, until it broke again!

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft