Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gianni 10 posts 80 karma points
    Sep 14, 2021 @ 09:30
    Gianni

Best practice for Content tree

Hi there, I'm bulding a simple blog site and I would like to organize the contents based on the destination, so I would like to create a Content tree like this:

Home
      Travels
        Continent
          Country
        Continent
          Country

I would like to have 2 section in my blog: Travels and Guides, and the best will be have friendly URLs like these:

/travels/europe/denmark/visiting-copenaghen-in-3-days/
    /guides/europe/denmark/where-to-eat-in-copenaghen/

Which is the best practice, which Document Types should I have to create and how structure the Content tree?

Also: the Post type should have 2 properties: Continent and Country (a Content Picker editor) .. there is a way to logical connect them? (I mean: choosing first the Continent, then the Country based on previous selection).

Thanks in advantage.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 14, 2021 @ 13:09
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Gianni

The structure looks fine, question, why do you need Continent and Country picker if you have folders that contain these items? So you chose Continent and Country before you create a blog post by navigating to the needed folder.

Thanks,

Alex

• Gianni 10 posts 80 karma points
    Sep 14, 2021 @ 13:16
    Gianni

Hi Alex, the Continent and Country have a template where there will be shown the list of children.

Example: the Europe page will show a list of european countries. Selecting a country the visitor could see a list of posts, filtered by Continent/Country. These 2 pages has a different layout.

Home -> Travels (list of continents) -> Continent (list of countries) -> Country (list of posts) -> Post detail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft