Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Sep 14, 2021 @ 09:48
    David Amri

Missing Courier reference in create/UI.xml

Hi,

I'm not able to create any Courier revisions anymore. The following error message is thrown:

The create dialog for "revisions" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file

I'm not sure when this started but our technical department has made some major changes in our internal systems. I haven't made any Umbraco updates or anything else of sorts. Could this be some sort of permission thingy?

Working in four different enviorments, local, dev, test and live. Having the same issue on all four.

I've checked the file on all enviorments but I can't find any "revisions" defined in any of them, should this be present? If so how could this suddenly just be removed from the file? I've checked some backups but can't find any definitions in the file on these aswell.

/Thanks

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Sep 15, 2021 @ 06:20
    Marc Goodson

Hi David

Have they upgraded / reinstalled Umbraco?

I found a similar issue from back in the day

https://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6610

So it does feel that perhaps your create/UI.xml has lost the references for the Courier Revisions dialog...

I wonder if a fresh install of Courier on a fresh Umbraco would hint to what the contents of the file should be?

But strange that it's suddenly stopped working, so it's maybe not that...hmmm

regards

Marc

Sep 15, 2021 @ 06:35
    David Amri

Thanks for your reply, I'm at bit stressed out about this and need all the help I can get.

No, there has been no upgrades or reinstallments of Umbraco, I'm the one doing that. :)

I found that issue myself and as you are saying it hints that there should be some courier references in the file. Something the files does not have.

I've had som issues with "corrupt" or missing files on my local enviorment regarding Courier after the technical migration but there were no issues (until this) on the server enviorments. To me it's super strange that the files on the servers has been "reset" or tampered with.

I guess your proposal could shed some light into the solution but it would be really nice if I didn't had to make a fresh installation of Umbraco and Courier. I'm thinking the references in the files would be "universal" and that someone with Courier could simply post the solution.

Sep 15, 2021 @ 07:26
    David Amri

I've checked a really old enviorment with Courier installed and as far as I can tell there is no reference to "Courier" or "Revisions" in the Create/UI.xml file on this enviorment as well...

I'm really confused about this now. The issue you linked hints that there should be a reference in the Create/UI.xml fiel but I'm more and more uncertain that this is the case...

As a side note the Create/UI.xml file has references to files in the "~/umbraco/create" folder. If there should be a reference to Courier or revision in the "Create/UI.xml" shouldn't there be a file in the "~/umbraco/create" folder for this aswell. Either a standalone file or code in one of the existing ones?

Sep 15, 2021 @ 15:02
    David Amri

So, I uninstalled Courier on my localhost and installed it again but it still throws an error regarding the UI.xml file.... I'm getting desperate here...

Sep 20, 2021 @ 07:28
    David Amri

Made a fresh installment of Umbraco and Courier and sure enough there were missing rows in UI.xml and language files.... I've added these and now it's looks like it's working even though it feels like there could be more missing code that I'm unaware of... Still baffled about how this could happend in the first place...

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Sep 21, 2021 @ 06:27
    Marc Goodson

Hi David

So glad you got it worked out!

It's a very very long time since I've used Courier, and didn't have a site to hand to check :-( and haven't had chance to do a fresh install to help...

... as to why, I've seen it when a new package has been installed, or upgrade - but I know that's not the case for you.

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft