Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MiloW 10 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 14, 2021 @ 12:44
    MiloW

uCommerce shortcodes or something?

Hello,

I was thinking... is there a way to create sort of shortcodes that would help link products on a multilanguage page?

There is the translation engine, the linking to pages engine and they work great as if I link a page in English context and copy the component to other language, the link automatically changes. That is awesome.

I have yet another idea for a great improvement. Is there a component or something or would it be possible to create a component of shortcodes (so you add a component somewhere and then the shortcodes work) so that you can then e.g. link to a product no matter the language?

So e.g. there is a product like: www.besttomatoes.com/uk/235235/tomatoes-from-italy and they have a code like TOM567475.

And let’s say I write a text or something like:

We have those special new tomatoes from Italy - check them out! and I make a link to "tomatoes from Italy" like a href=”{TOM567475}” Or something… and then I can copy over English, French, whatever language I have the page in (I edit the translation but leave the link like it is) and the link is independent of the language and always points to the product?

Cheers,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft