Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• RJ Patinio 2 posts 82 karma points
    Sep 17, 2021 @ 07:25
    RJ Patinio

Boot Failed - IIS Localhost

Hello there I just started UmbracoCms & I followed the Paul Sean YT How to build a website with Umbraco v8 Part 3 IIS and Client Dependency.

I just finished configuring the IIS HTTPS on the Localhost. works fine but the problem is that It shows BOOT Failed - Umbraco failed to boot, if you are the owner of the website please see the log file for more details.

When I deep down onto the Log Files it said (A connection string is configured but Umbraco could not connect to the database.)

How to fix this? What configuration did I miss? I'm using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and VS 2019 Community. I already search this on Google but it doesn't work either. I enabled the IIUSR Permission on the folder project still doesn't work.

I appreciate your help in my journey with Umbraco Thanks.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Sep 17, 2021 @ 08:38
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi RJ,

This error usually means that Umbraco is not able to connect to your database. This can be a error in the connection string or a security misconfiguration.

Are you using Integrated Security to connect to the database or a username/password.

Dave

• RJ Patinio 2 posts 82 karma points
    Sep 18, 2021 @ 05:42
    RJ Patinio

Thanks, Dave. I solve it now. It was all the Database Configuration.

The thing is that I don't have SQL Server installed in my computer. I just only have a SQL Server Management Studio.

Because I thought Installing Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) Includes also the SQL Server 2019 Developer. But it did not. So I download the SQL Server 2019 Developer then I watch other tutorials on how to connect the SQL Server 2019 to SSMS then I create Database there for my UmbracoCms and I re-configure Web.config(Connection String) to match my ServerName, DatabaseName, user_id, and pass.

Now, my Umbraco Cms is running in my IIS Localhost.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft