Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Sep 20, 2021 @ 12:14
    Biagio Paruolo

Sensiteve Data: How to manage?

I wish to use Umbraco 8 or the upcoming v9 as headless data container. Some data are sensitive then I've to "crypto" them before saving and decrypt when reading. From Umbraco manager I'll create the document type and then from the content section I wish to see the data but cannot "edit" the sensitive data because encrypted ( field must be in read only mode ) else they are destroyed. How to?

• Owain Jones 55 posts 384 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Sep 24, 2021 @ 15:04
    Owain Jones

Would a label data type work for you here? https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/Label

I've used them in the past whenever I needed to store/display a read-only value.

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Sep 24, 2021 @ 15:24
    Biagio Paruolo

Thanks. I had forgotten that control. Have you some suggestion about headless to retrieve the content?

• Owain Jones 55 posts 384 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Sep 27, 2021 @ 14:55
    Owain Jones

Unfortunately, I've never used Umbraco Headless/Heartcore before so I don't know any specifics for that version of Umbraco.

But, in standard v8, label properties are simply treated like normal properties (apart from being read-only in the backoffice) and you can retrieve their values as you would with any other property.

Screenshot showing the code for retrieving the value of a property

The Label property in the back office:

Screenshot showing the label property editor in the backoffice

Given that's how it behaves in v8, I would assume Umbraco Heartcore would also return it as a normal property value.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft