Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Sep 30, 2021 @ 11:21
    Paul

Who broke the V7 Back Office StartupDashboard (HQ I'm looking your way!)

Looks like there is a problem with the startupdashboardintro for admin users in the V7 backoffice. It dynamically gets data from Umb HQ I believe and because of this issue we've got a selection of sites with errors for admin logging into the CMS.

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
       at Umbraco.Web.Editors.DashboardController.<GetRemoteDashboardContent>d__1.MoveNext()

• Frederik 3 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 30, 2021 @ 11:38
    Frederik

I get the same error in Umbraco 8. The error is in the code that gets remote dashboard content.

Probably has something to do with the Umbraco 9 release.

Received an error from the server
    An error occurred

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: d. Path '', line 2, position 4.
    Exception Details
    Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: d. Path '', line 2, position 4.
    Stacktrace

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()

at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)

at Umbraco.Web.Editors.DashboardController.<GetRemoteDashboardContent>d__3.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Editors\DashboardController.cs:line 73

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 30, 2021 @ 11:52
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thank you all for your patience 🙏I've fixed the immediate problem, some debug data spilling into the json. We'll have to have a look at making it look nice again, some CSS seems to be missing, but at least no more horrible errors!

Our apologies, we'll have to figure out how to prevent breaking it in the future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft