Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Rogers 134 posts 712 karma points
    Oct 01, 2021 @ 03:29
    Daniel Rogers

Send emails via are secured email server provider (Zoho)

Email service a re provided by Zoho.

For there email server to accept incoming emails the require certain credentials.

host smtp.zoho.com username password port 465 SSL enabled

there also have informed me that my emails are not encrypted with a Cipher. Please make sure you are using proper SSL encryption with valid Cipher keys (AESCBC/AESGCM 256/128 bit keys).

Im using System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient for sending my emails (I suspect umbraco uses somehing similar.

SmtpSection secObj = (SmtpSection)ConfigurationManager.GetSection("system.net/mailSettings/smtp");
                        smtp = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient(secObj.Network.Host, secObj.Network.Port)
                        {
                            Timeout = 20000,
                            Credentials = new NetworkCredential(secObj.Network.UserName, secObj.Network.Password),
                            EnableSsl = secObj.Network.EnableSsl
                        };

From what I have read System.net.mail doesnt support but doesn't support Implicit SSL - Note sure if this is my issue or not https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1011245/how-can-i-send-emails-through-ssl-smtp-with-the-net-framework

the code above works perfectly on my local system if I use port 587. Not there is a lot of posts on zoho cares indicating that 587 is works but 465 dosent.

If I run it on my live system hosted with godaddy the email send fails.

This has other ramifications as well as if you forget your password umbraco fails to send a reset email out.

Has anybody got any surgestions.

• Daniel Rogers 134 posts 712 karma points
    Oct 01, 2021 @ 05:39
    Daniel Rogers

So using the System.Web.Mail example in this link https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1011245/how-can-i-send-emails-through-ssl-smtp-with-the-net-framework solved my email issues but has not solved the umbraco forgot password login issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft